11 September 2006

Title-Chasers

Manmade vs. Real

How many of you know someone that likes to flaunt their title around? They are quick to correct you by saying, I am “(put title here).” They act as if they were born with their title. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments; but why do you act like you are your title? Even when I used to be in the military where titles were the norm, I never got caught up in this. I never changed who I was, because I put more weight on my collar. Yes, there is rank structure that you have to respect, and I did, but personally, I never looked at a person’s rank first. I looked at their eyes, because I believe that our eyes are windows to our souls.

Recently, I had a customer, who was always quick to tell everyone, “I am a retired Sergeant Major for the United States Army…” He used his title often to mistreat others. This used to crack me up! First of all, the key word was RETIRED. Second of all, why did he think that his title gave him permission to mistreat others? People like this need to go back to the basics and learn the golden rule; “treat others as you want to be treated.” Stop acting like your title is sewn on your chest! Stop boasting! Stop beating others down with your title!


Do you think that Jesus is going to look at you and say; “(put title here)" please come on in! Even though you mistreated others and stepped on a lot of toes to get that title, please have a seat!Forgive my manners! I should have known who you were.” (?) If some of you title chasers think that all you need is your title to get into heaven;I feel sorry for you, because you are fooling yourselves. Personally, I think that the first thing that many people probably think about (title) will be the last thing that the Father will look at. I don’t know about *yall, but the only real title that I want to be known by that surpasses all manmade titles is A CHILD OF GOD.


Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Yall

No comments: