05 September 2006

Humble Beginnings

Big Head


While watching a certain awards show the other day, a thought entered my mind. Why do many artists start out humble when they begin? When they win an award, the first one that they thank is God, or some of them are even bold enough to say, "Thank You Jesus!" Of course my issue doesn’t lie with these few individuals. One thing that I did notice was that the more popular artists hardly ever said thank you for what the Lord had done for them. Okay, someone did say “I wanna send a shout out to my Homie G!” ( I am still a lil' shaken over that one.)I personally think that more time and effort should go into thanking the Father for all that he has done for them. Yes, their producer Smoky Pete, composer Warren P, and director Mackey Mack may have assisted them in their career, but the one that made it all happen hardly gets an honorable mention.

Artist or stars usually begin humbly, but after they blow up, they never mention God. Instead, they begin to love the world and all of the worldly fixings. Prime example: Mariah Carey, I used to admire her because she was humble, nicely dressed, and could sang. Now when you see her she is arrogant, has all her goodies exposed, and she never thanks the Lord for anything. She looks like a lost soul. To further confirm what I thought, I looked at all of her cd covers that I have, and looked at who she acknowledged in the credits. In her first few albums she dedicated paragraphs to praising the Lord; then on her later albums, when she was more popular, she hardly ever mentions him in a sentence. This seems to be a trend for stars, they start out so humble, and then they get beside themselves and forget who made it possible for them to be where they are. I know it seems that I am harping on one artist, but Mariah is a prime example of fame gone wrong. In my opinion the girl has a gift and should be using it to praise the Lord. So the question for today is; Why do some people get the big head when they become successful? That success may be excellent while they are here on this earth, they have everything that they could possibly want and need, but for some reason they begin to think that they no longer need Jesus. When in actuality he is all that we need.
This is my opinion, but I don’t think that MC BIGHEAD, and MISS All About ME-ME will be listed in the Book of Life. I don’t know about *yall, but the worst thing that I can think of is standing before the Father, and him looking at me and saying “I NEVER KNEW YOU.”


Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Y'all.

No comments: