16 January 2007

Self-Promoters

1 Corinthians 13:4-5, " Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;"

How many of *y'all have been helped by someone who afterwards went around telling everyone what they did for you? These helpers had hidden agendas from the beginning, and that agenda was to try and belittle you. I try to help anyone who needs it, but I don't tell anyone about it, because I don't do it for recognition. I did it because it was the right thing to do, and I don’t expect anything in return. We all have been or will be put in a position to help others. I don’t know about *y’all but I enjoy the feeling that I get inside from helping others. I am pretty sure that was how Jesus felt when he was helping and healing numerous people. He never told them to “Let ‘em know Jesus did this for you, or Tell ‘em Jesus hooked you up!” in fact he told them the opposite- to not tell anyone because it wasn’t about self-promotion. If you want to help others, then help them, but please don’t turn around and brag about it, because I think others can relate when I say,"I'll pass on your kind of help, because I prefer not to be used in your campaign of self-righteous self promotion."


Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Y’all.

No comments: