17 November 2006

Joy-Jackers



Misery- “Great mental or emotional distress; extreme unhappiness.”

How many of *y’all know an extremely negative person? I mean almost everything that comes out of them is negative or negative related. How many of *y'all can’t stand to see this person coming your way? How many of you think when you see them coming, "Uh oh here comes Mr. Pessimistic- Full –of- Misery to spread their gloomy-doomy for the day! Or here comes Mr. I hate my dog, my cat, my car, my house, my family, my shoe, my lil’ baby toe ...” They literally make Scrooge look like a saint. Even if you were in a pretty good mood, sometimes after being around this person you kind of felt down in the dumps too. You know why you felt like this? It is because that is a negative spirit that is looking for its next victim to beat up. You need to stay away from people like this; you should not entertain them. Tell them that if all they have to spread around is pessimism, then to please stay away from you. If all they have to give is a bag of sad sack then they need to step the other way! Don’t get me wrong I love the Lord and I have everlasting Joy that no man can ever take, but I still don’t want to use up all my energy trying to pep them up all the time. Entertaining negative people will drain you and make you more susceptible to the enemy’s attacks. Don’t get me wrong, we all have bad days, and at times we may feel sad, etc., and we may need an encouraging word or two to help pick us back up so that we can continue on the path of righteousness. I am not talking about those instances. I am talking about perpetual Joy-Jackers; people who think that their job is to make others miserable, and not only do they think it is their job, they enjoy the overtime! So for the children of God out there who come across negative pessimistic spirits, lets make sure that these miserable demons stay unemployed.



Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Y’all.

No comments: