21 February 2012

Return To Sender


2 Corinthians 10-11 ~”Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.”~

Hosea 4:6 ~”My people perish from a lack of knowledge.”~

Matthew 12:36 ~ “But I say unto you,That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.”~

Luke 6:45 ~ “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.”~

Hey *Y’all! I would like to say God Bless, and I pray this message speaks to someone out there today. How many of *Y’all know that when someone says something to you that is not true, that you can refuse to receive it and or return it to sender? What I mean is that there are a lot of people in the world who intentionally/ignorantly say things to you and try to get you to accept it on the sly. For instance, I had someone erroneously say to me “I heard you were under the weather sorry to hear that…” I had to correct her and say “ No , M’am I was not under the weather, I am healthy.” And as soon as I said it to her she said, “ All of these people are sick and under the weather and they look better than me…” So I corrected her again and said, “ No M’am, I was not under the weather, I am fine.” Another individual did something similar, recently by looking me up and down and saying, “Oooh! Look at you Diva!” So I had to correct again and say, “No M’am, I’m not a Diva, that’s a demon.” One thing as Children of God is that we need to make sure we read and learn the Word and stay educated on various terminology, and pray so that we can recognize when things said that are not of God are casually thrown at us. I realize that there are a lot of people out there that are ignorant to many of the enemy’s devices. Many people unknowingly use words that they have no idea what they mean. For example here are a few that are casually and ignorantly thrown around:

Diva – A goddess (demon) believed to have fallen from the sky to dwell with the people of a certain area.

Idol – An object, being, creature, or place worshipped, trusted and relied on as a god.

“Happy as Hell” - Hell is not a happy place; it is fiery, the place of the doomed, the cursed of God which was prepared as a place for the devil and his angels.

“Holy (profanity!) – This is wrong on so many levels, there isn’t anything Holy about the profane.

Curse (words) - A term used for expletives, vulgar words to cast spells and overall a call of evil upon a person, action, or thing. The aim is to destroy, defile, or desecrate the sacred and holy. The slang version ‘Cuss’ refers to profanity that originally started out with the same objectives in mind.

Before I got saved I used to often spew curse words, because it was in my heart, and I didn’t understand the effects or the power of words. But now I know better, so I make an effort to speak life-giving words and keep them in my heart at all times, because remember “out of the heart the mouth speaks”. We need to make sure we watch every word we say, because we will give an account of every idle word on judgment day. Society has made it the norm to talk any kind of way and make it acceptable for you to receive it. I’m here to tell you that as Christians, we do not have to receive anything that is thrown at us. Refuse to receive any ole’ thing in your life! Return it back to the sender in the name of Jesus!

Can anyone out there relate?

Be Blessed *Y’all.

2 comments:

Tiana Wiley said...

Thanks for this, Felicia! It is a powerful reminder to "watch your mouth" (or thoughts, for that matter!), as well as, understand that we are not anyone's trashcan! No matter who is spewing... curses, lies and whatnot... in your direction, in Jesus' name you have every right (even the obligation) to refuse it, to rebuke it! It is always good to our place in Jesus - as He is Holy, so are we to be! {1 Peter 1:16} *hugs* and be blessed!

Tiana Wiley said...

Sorry about the typo ;o) ... I meant to say...

It is always good to REMEMBER our place in Jesus!