14 February 2007

The Great Pretenders

Isaiah 42:16 “And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.”

Have you ever known someone that fronts like they have it all together? I mean they go through all kinds of changes trying to get you to believe their facade? When the truth is they are really hurting inside, but faking like they are okay. When in actuality they are all broken up inside and too proud to say, “I need help,” or too stubborn to say, “Please tell me how you made it out of your negative situation so I can learn.” I call these people pretenders because they pretend to have it going on. I call them pretenders because; they are pretending to be something they are not. I call them pretenders, because they pretend to be happy when they are really miserable inside. One way to know if someone is a pretender or not is if they always ‘say’ they have joy. If you really have joy you don’t have to say anything. It will show in all that you do.
One way to break the pretend cycle is to admit that you need help; it is okay to let others know that you are weak in certain areas. It is okay to let others know you need their help, because we can’t carry it all by ourselves. It is okay to admit that you don’t have it altogether, because in reality no one has it altogether. We need to try and help those that have fallen short especially if they have reached out to you. By help I mean help those who are seeking the light, I am not talking about those that live in total darkness and don’t want to change at all. I am also speaking to myself *y’all because my flesh is sometimes too quick to cut off others when I see them do things that aren’t right. The Lord is still working on me too *y'all, and I can admit when I need help.


Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Y’all.

No comments: