05 August 2008

In God I Trust




Psalm 118:8-9 ~"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes.”~.

How many of *y’all have ever been let down by someone that you trusted? It probably hurt your feelings, and you probably lashed out at them. I too, have been hurt by man more times than I can count, but one thing that I have learned , and am still learning is that when we place all our trust in man, and they let us down, we are only setting ourselves up for emotional failure. You should place all your trust in God because he never lets us down, his word is true and he promised to take care of us. So instead of walking around with a huge chip on your shoulder because someone let you down, keep your head up and realize that man makes mistake, and it is not our place to condemn them, but to forgive them and to help restore them. I’m not saying you shouldn’t trust man at all; but our overall backup plan should be Jesus Christ. We all make mistakes, and we all fall short, but we can not walk around holding grudges because our feelings were hurt. True children of God, have eternal joy and never place conditional clauses on relationships. If you make it up in your mind to love and forgive unconditionally you wouldn’t be so hurt by the things that man does, you would realize that sometimes those situations are thrown at us to see what we are made of, to test us spiritually, and also for us to use those situations to help others make it through their trials. I don’t know about *y’all but I’m going to place my trust in the one who I know has my back.


Can anyone out there relate?

Be Blessed *Y’all.

No comments: