03 July 2007

Share the Light


~ 1 Corinthians 13~Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too. We know we love God's children if we love God and obey his commandments.

The other day while out shopping at the mall, while looking at various clothing items I noticed something. Almost all of the clothing had some form of skulls, wicked pictures, or gothic writings on them. One of my daughters picked up a pair of sneakers from the shelf that at first glance appeared to have hearts all over them, but when I looked closer I noticed that there were skulls also imbedded in the hearts. I’d pick up a beautiful shirt that had roses on it only to discover that there were skulls and wicked things written subtly on them. Thinking that maybe it was the store that I was in, I went to several others to look. It was the same for many of the other items. Then it suddenly hit me- the enemy is getting bolder and craftier in these times. I don’t know about *y’all but skulls and crossbones have never meant anything but death to me. When I see them I don’t get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. The enemy is subtly making unsuspecting people worship him, from the clothing they wear, to the music they listen to. For example there is a popular catchy song out right now entitled, “Party like a rock star,” and I watched the video and in it there were numerous people throwing up the hand sign that showed that they loved and worshipped the enemy. I immediately said a prayer for the ones who probably had no idea what they were doing.
It is sad to see so many lost people living in utter darkness, but even sadder is the many people who are living in the light who don’t seem to be concerned anymore. They do just enough to say that they are Christians, but when it comes to actually helping save others, they quickly turn the other cheek. No one said that being a Christian was easy or that we wouldn’t have problems anymore. When we gave our lives to Jesus Christ we made a promise to love and help others. So with that being said; how many people have you taken by the hand and led into the light?



Can anyone out there relate?


Be Blessed *Y'all.

No comments: